Bad Video Card Drivers?

Discussion in 'Minecraft Help' started by JoeyLeary, Sep 17, 2011.

1. JoeyLeary

JoeyLeary New Member

When I try to log into Minecraft using the browser and the app it comes up with this message
    I could play before 1.8 came out, but now I can't :(
    If anyone's encountered this problem before please tell me (if you did) how you fixed it. I can still play on my Dads computer so i'll still be on even if the computer i'm on atm doesn't work, but I wont be on as much. Hopefully someone can help me fix this :)

- JoeyLeary

2. ThisDudeRiteHere

ThisDudeRiteHere Member VIP

I'm not sure why this happened, or much about the problem. Here's something to try maybe? (Back up anything you want in the .minecraft folder, like screenshots) and delete the .minecraft folder and the minecraft.exe , then completely redownload it. See if that does anything. It's weird that that happened after you updated though..

3. JoeyLeary

JoeyLeary New Member

I'll try that and see if it works, I just went in my Minecraft folder and I only have a bin folder ???
    I'll edit my post to tell you if it works.

It doesn't work :(

4. ThisDudeRiteHere

You only have a bin folder in your .minecraft folder?

5. JoeyLeary

JoeyLeary New Member

Yup, I used to just have a bin folder in .minecraft, and now I check again and I only have a bin and resources folder.

*Edit* Also i've just realised I can play Minecraft Classic.

6. ThisDudeRiteHere

You should have more folders than that... And you've already deleted your .minecraft folder and launcher, and redownloaded it all?

7. JoeyLeary

JoeyLeary New Member

Hmm, each time I re-install Minecraft I get more folders :eek:
    Here's a screenshot, in the mean time i'm gona try and re-install again.
    (Sorry for the bad quality, I had to shrink it so it would be allowed)

8. JoeyLeary

JoeyLeary New Member

I looked it up on the Intel website and found an automatic driver updater and I did that and it said I had to contact someone, and I really can't be bothered to do that. I still have other computers in my house I can play on so i'll still be on, just not that much. Thanks for your help though :) If you have any other suggestions i'll be glad to hear them.

9. sharqman

sharqman Well-Known Member VIP

I have this problem to wen bukkit gets around to downloading spoutcraft get that it doesn't have the same problem, but for now ur running Windows XP correct? if so:
    1: right click ur background and go to properties
    2: then go to the settings tab and click advanced in the bottom right corner
    3: next go to the trouble shot tab and drag the bar to the third point from the left and click ok
    4: you should be good now, however this is a temp fix, restart your minecraft every now and then or else it will crash
    (best thing to do is to get new video card this is an Open GL error that is an error with the game, spoutcraft should work fine though)

10. JoeyLeary

JoeyLeary New Member

You are a god! Thank you so much :D