Peaceful and PvP Reset: Feedback Appreciated

Discussion in 'Survival Server Suggestions' started by PhuzzYLogiK, Sep 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sharqman

sharqman Well-Known Member VIP

It is fun to level up and a lot of people play to level it up. It also serves as a reward itself for spending your time mining ro digging even if you don't find ores, because when you do you will get a double drop chance.

Archenemy666 likes this.
  2. PieSquared761

PieSquared761 Well-Known Member VIP

Well others play to get resources, and those resources are getting thrown out the window right now.

3. heathqr

heathqr Member VIP

wow, pie. you really turned your opinion around over the last couple of pages. lol. i was going to suggest that only pie get to transfer her rupies over, and then change the currency so we dont use rupies anymore. XD

Imax, here is an idea to chew on based on an idea we had with the last server i was playing prior to our reset:

Our realm (the entire survival map) is just one among many in the world. Even though we cant travel to them, they still exist as far as our economy is concerned. This is based on a international trade concept. Ok, so zombie meat is worthless in our realm? There is another realm where they have discovered a use for it and are actually willing to pay to have it imported to them. Sponges do not occur naturally in our realm, but there is a realm where sponges are as common as dirt, and they export it by the boat load for us to purchase.

We have in the spawn map, an international import/exporter store that buys and sells absolutely everything, with no quantity limits. It is imperative that the store is accessible to everyone and not hidden as it is now. You set the price for each commodity that we will buy or sell at. If a person has 2 double chests full of wheat seeds, there is another realm where the soil prevents their wheat from producing seeds, and all of a sudden, they are worth something. The important thing here is that you have to set the prices right as this will be how all merchants elsewhere in our realm will have to compete. You want exports to pay out below what the desired market selling price will be, and you want imports to be more than what the desired market buying prices will be. This means it is better to do business with merchants in the realm, but if they dont have what you want to buy, and are not buying what you have to sell, you can fall back on the worse prices of the international import/export store to still make a deal. This would also ensure that everyone on the server would be 100% liquidable. Another thing you would want to ensure is that every block and item in the game is available to buy or sell. The rare stuff, like dragon eggs, and nether portal blocks are rediculously expensive. This allows a person with a rediculous amount of rupees to buy extravagant items with which to decorate their homes.

This addresses both issues: They are able to purchase anything including extremely expensive items which will pull money out of the server. They are also able to go to mining world, use a stone shovel to dig dirt, and sell massive amounts of dirt to bring money into the server. This also solves a third, unmentioned problem: economic stability. you are setting the minimum selling price, and the maximum purchase price.

Another great thing that should be in the spawn city is a massive mob arena, with spawners of every possible type.

Cashkid32 likes this.
  4. majestic_moose

majestic_moose Well-Known Member VIP

Not sure how I'd feel about this, although I would want to play on both, I'd find myself putting more effort into the pvp server, so when/if I decide to become more involved in pvp, I'd have the means to, whereas in peaceful it'd mainly be hoarding and trading them.

If it were to happen, definitely a slackening in the pvp rules would help. Maybe not quite the extent of fearing to use your /home because someone could have trapped it, but even so, this would encourage joining a town, and give a purpose to towny protection. The more I think about it, a pvp server with much less rules could actually be quite fun, with the main rule being no warping out of pvp.

5. Thomasdd13

Thomasdd13 Active Member VIP

I like two maps, but has to be the old one. The reason i am against this is because 1.) i dont have much time now to play, but soon i will and i have a bunch of idea's i want to put on survival, as it is now. and 2.) players who i played with so much, and the people who formed the town im in and built it up dont play much or are to busy to currently work on it. If it's reset without the old map still here, then some people will just leave and then there wont be many who are left to make the nice big and well built cities you are looking for.

6. waterpower1

waterpower1 Active Member

How about this; we make a second map for both pvp and peaceful. The 1st map of each will given mining protection, you will have to pay rupies to be allowed to mine. This way we keep all our rupies, mcmmo experience and valuables but we can also keep all our builds that we have done.

7. Cashkid32

Cashkid32 Member VIP

I don't get it... Basically a second and third mining world? No me gusta.

8. Archenemy666

Archenemy666 Active Member VIP

@ thomas, did you not read what reverenddubstep said, and what i've been talking about in teamspeaks. The old map should be open as museum server. Nothing can be built, or destroyed, but everything will remain as you left it.

9. Archenemy666

Archenemy666 Active Member VIP

Sounds alright

10. Flagellum

Flagellum Member VIP

I think Pie stated it perfectly here. I don't see why the map should be reset if not everyone wants it. There is a large population that wouldn't like the map to be reset and I don not see why their works and achievements should be wiped. These works don't have to necessarily be builds, they can be any number of things. My personal achievement on this server is how many items I have acquired. If this reset is carried out, I will loose everything. I don't have many fantastic builds on this server, so a museum map means absolutely nothing to me. By resetting the map, everything that I have worked for in the past 9 months on here will be a complete waste of my time. I have taken countless hours of my time to get where I am today, and my items are a product of my dedication. I also use my valuables. I have three double chests of diamond armor and around another double chest of enchanted weapons which I am constantly using. I understand that at this point the poll is leaning towards reset, but I don't think that we should disregard the other player base because a majority wants to have it reset. At this point, there is a large enough amount of players who don't want to reset the map, and I think that we should respect that.

One other thing to say, specifically to you Reverenddubstep. I have invested nine months into this server, usually playing around 2-3 hours a day. That is anywhere from 540-810 hours invested into this server, not including days when I have spent more time on here. You have been on here for less than two WEEKS, yet you tell me that I should give up everything that I have worked for so that we can all be equal and have a fresh start. I understand that there are older players who are also backing this reset, but I don't see why you specifically are. If you want to go to a server with a fresh map, reset MCMMO, and a new economy, this is obviously not the server for you. I know that you have accomplished things on here in your time, but it isn't like you have spent the majority of your free time for the last nine months working to achieve what you have. This server means the world to me, but if my stuff gets wiped, I have no more purpose to come on here. The most hated part of Minecraft for me is starting out fresh. I love having the luxury to be able to warp somewhere and buy what I need to build. I cannot stand having to go out and collect resources. This would be another complete turn off for me. I just thought I would put it out there.

That is all I have to say for now, and I hope you will put this into consideration.

11. Well I would of course need to download IRC again lol. I deleted it long ago due to the rampant virus's and hacks that come naturally with any IRC chat program. I personally think it could be a good thing as long as the discussion is mature and kept moderated. I believe with some of the extreme opinions that things have the potential to get heated. I would like to not see it degenerate into a clawing match filled with dirty names and low blows if you know what I mean. So as long as the conversation is kept in check, and people that can't be productive are removed from the conversation to allow it to remain civil, I think it's a good idea.

12. I am so glad you brought my name up here Flag. I personally would rather not lose what I have accomplished and more than a few can tell you in two weeks I have accomplished an impressive amount. But once more this is not what's best for any one person. According to you because of the opinions of a few, things should stay how they are so the minority can keep what they have. So basically you think we should say screw the majority because your opinion falls with the minority. I am not supporting myself. I personally would be fine with the way things are because I am perfectly capable of playing with myself as the server is more inclined towards right now. The me me me attitudes are perfect for that kind of environment. I am able to adapt to the situation I am in though I do think it would be fun to have the server brought together since this is multiplayer. And I am the only real target you have because the other 90% are also old players like yourself that do support this. So try to twist numbers like you want, but in the end even more old players want the server reset than not. Your still the minority. My opinion was based on the question of how to improve the server and to improve new player retention since a lot are not content to play with themselves as the majority of us have become accustomed to. As it was so put by another, if you don't like it you can always leave also. Anyone can. That's the joy of the internet. All I can say is if you really want to horde and horde and never have to worry about losing it. If you really are more worried about yourself than the majority, singleplayer minecraft sounds perfect for you.

Cashkid32 and Archenemy666 like this.
  13. heathqr

heathqr Member VIP

Basically, it is an admin store that buys everything and sells everything with no quantity limits. Easier to make money. And money going out.

14. Thomasdd13

Thomasdd13 Active Member VIP

No mudslinging, eh? You did such a fantastic job of not that. If it's reset, and im guaranteed a museum map or what not, then i'm fine, but i like to think of everyone else too; bringing me to my first point. Yes, you might have a decent amount done, but it is nowhere near what some of us have built for not only ourselves, but mostly others. People are making towns right now, only for when they announce it's open, the people like you decide to wipe the map clean and just say Whoop! I have your best interest in mind! Right now some fantastic thigs are happening! We had a pvp camp that was supposed to be going, tons of people working on towns and it's not all alone. We need to just work together and come up with individual ways to solve the problems we face, not just get sick of dealing with them so delete everything. You want a fair playing ground because then you can just get to where we are now instead of being a little behind, then one maybe two years down the road when this pop's up again you will scream at the top of your virtual lungs to have this thrown out because you dont want to lose your stuff. People don't work so that it can be taken away, they work so they can see it in use and possibly benefit people. A reset is not the answer, no matter how many people want it.

My second point; people dont want to join a server to see nothing. I went through several like that when i was looking for a good one almost a year to the date back. what stood out about shadecrest was 1. it had firm buildings and communities! they were built to last, and intended to do just that, and 2. people solved their idea's as a server, not just delete it away instead of think it through. People want to join and play on a server that is impressive and they can show off to their friends, not one that just got out of a wipeout, lost some of it's best builds and newest players, and looks like something in singleplayer. A reset is not the answer.

15. bluud2

bluud2 Member VIP

The people wanting to get it reset, you can send me all your rupies kthx

16. Flagellum

Flagellum Member VIP

I'm saying that we shouldn't reset because it isn't what everyone wants. There are many people who think it is just fine the way that it is. I understand that we are the minority, but that doesn't mean that our opinions don't matter. I believe that the only circumstances that the server should be reset is if EVERYONE agrees, and at this point, that's not what is happening. Also, the reason I "targeted" you is because you seem to be one of the few who have vehemently argued over this publicly. I was in Teamspeak with you and it was all you were talking about. I don't really appreciate that you are saying that I put myself above the majority either. I know that I would rather have it not reset and I said why. I'm going to be completely honest here, I value my opinion above others, but who doesn't? By you telling me that I am wrong, you are putting your opinion above mine. I am concerned about myself. Don't think that that means I don't care about others, it's just that I believe that my opinion represents others like me, who have dedicated countless hours into their items and levels on this server, and I think it is COMPLETELY unfair that players who have dedicated hundreds, if not thousands of hours to this server should have everything they worked for erased. By you asking for the map to be reset, you are completely disregarding what is best for the minority. It doesn't matter that we are the smaller group, we still are part of the server and you have to respect that. You said you are doing this for the best interests of the server, but apparently the minority no longer counts as part of the server. It doesn't make sense to me. And as to the single player comment, I don't play single player because I love the sense of community in multiplayer. I originally joined this server because all of my friends played here, but now I am the only active person from that group. I would play single player, but I have invested so much time and effort into this server that it doesn't make sense to go start off again alone without anyone for company. If I went and played single player, the map might as well be reset because in single player, I would have to start fresh again anyway. I don't see why things have to change. We have many new incoming players, a decent economy, and most importantly, an amazing community. It doesn't make sense to try and change things if they are running fine as it is. It reminds me of the quote "Don't try to fix what isn't broken."

bluud2 and Thomasdd13 like this.
  17. bluud2

bluud2 Member VIP

I agree with you, ive spent hundreds if not more hours on this server, and I wouldn't like to see it all go away. But it would be cool to have new worlds you can start from scratch in with a different balance and what not if that's possible.

also; if you do reset the survival world, why not reset the creative world?

18. NMBr2d2

NMBr2d2 Well-Known Member VIP

Im pretty sure this only applies to me, but will I get my warp if the server is reset?

19. Well I was indeed talking about this in TS with a lot of other people also talking about this in TS. And maybe I don't have as much as you do. But almost everyone else supporting this does. I have seen some of the work by others that are asking for a reset, and their creations are absolutely amazing. But they still want a reset. I really don't mind you singling me out. I am the new guy in this conversation and I understand that. But as you said we all are entitled to our opinions. And mudslinging? Oh not even close. I have tried to keep my posts to the point and if I wished I could be nasty, start calling out people and begin contributing to running this thread into the ground. I shall not because the fact is, I do have a say and I want it to be respected as someone who's future on this server is dictated by this thread. I hear lot's of people talking about the past and what they don't want to lose. I am truly sorry that as of right now the best option for fixing the issues discussed with the server seems to be a reset. I speak my opinion on what is best for the server as a whole. I may be right or I may be wrong. As each and every person may be. Now I know you believe everyone should be in agreement but really, when is a large group of people ever going to agree on one thing. Absolutely never. Right now people are responding to the best ways they can think of to fix the server issues. The admins have already stated that just cleaning up isn't really an option. They tried and there is just too much to do there. So contribute other options instead on constantly raging about the one on the board. You say come up with solutions as a group? Well start providing some food for thought. I see contributions as to why or why not from many people, but very few solutions besides a restart. I am an open minded person and if someone throws a new idea out there, I will digest that as most would. You can have your opinion about me, you can love or hate what I have to say. No matter what I will continue to debate on a point that does affect what I plan to spend a great deal of time doing , with my opinion of what is best for it until a final decision is made. And I will not threaten to leave the server no matter the outcome. Honestly no matter what choice is made I will stay here for the people and the friends I have made, no matter my personal feelings.

Cashkid32 likes this.
  20. heathqr

heathqr Member VIP

Ever wonder why when you start a single player game that the map isnt cluttered with massive builds and towns? because it is the point of the game to make them. So if they are already made, then what? Wander around and gawk at all those awesome builds that you played absolutely no part in making? You say that there are tons of people making new towns? Fantastic! Just what we need. Maybe we can get it to the point where there is like 2 to 3 towns per person. And each town has a mayor and absolutely no residents.

@ Flagellum: You have a unique play style similar to Piesquared's, which is why you see eye to eye with her. The point of the game to you is all about how much stuff you can horde, regardless of the fact that you will NEVER use it all up. You say you have no fantastic builds after 9 months? What do you do when you are on? Plunder other people's stuff who didnt lock their chests? I just dont understand. What is fun about having an extra double chest full of stacks of diamond blocks?

You fail to see the point in this proposed reset: we have a SEVERE problem with new player retention (not a matter of a lack of new players). Research has shown the biggest problem is that new people are discouraged to play here when the already established players like ourselves have so much, and their chests are getting plundered by us because they cant afford to lock up all their stuff. The second biggest problem is that there is no new, isolated and untouched areas for them to claim to establish themselves, as the map is ruined through abandoned builds and towns, and cut-and-paste world edits. The reset would solve both of those issues, bringing up our new player retention. I would gladly trade one irate, established player for 10 new players. I would love to see our active numbers up, and this is the only way that this could happen.

So, lets again consider a dual survival server: When a player joins, they have the option to play in an already established map (the current map) or a new world (the reset map). Inventories and account balances would be non-transferable between the two. You will see in a matter of 60 days that the old map will die off as people would flock to the new one and over time, even the reset opposition people will trickle over, just so they can play with all the new faces. We can again have this server full, but only with a reset.

Also, Imax, is it possible that we could hold the conference on teamspeak instead of IRC?

QuietSea and Reverenddubstep like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.