Peaceful and PvP Reset: Feedback Appreciated

Discussion in 'Survival Server Suggestions' started by PhuzzYLogiK, Sep 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sharqman

sharqman Well-Known Member VIP

If we allow a transition period, I doubt as many people would be apposed to it. There are some great history and builds, but what's the point of sitting on abandoned buildings that will never be used?
    It's more of a complete map clean up, and not a complete reset. No periodical resets, just if the map gets really bad due to the change in minecraft updates.

2. PieSquared761

PieSquared761 Well-Known Member VIP

I think the map clean-up is both faster and less work than resetting the whole map, not to mention less conflict causing.

3. majestic_moose

majestic_moose Well-Known Member VIP

Maybe slowly change the current map into a new one. Is world regeneration possible? Every week perhaps, a 750x750 area could be chosen, (and protected with world guard maybe). A few people could look for builds, and the area would be hawkeyed to see if it is used. Anyone still living there could be moved, then a new section of map could be generated in that area.

4. I have just spent almost an hour reading over every post in this thread and I think there are great points for and against. Here is the big issues for both sides.

Pro Reset- Worlds feel more cluttered with abandoned buildings than with active and expanding communities for people to take part in.

Anti Reset- People have worked very hard for what they have, spent countless hours on making the servers what they are and don't want to lose what makes Shadecrest the server they have come to love.

The fact of the matter is both sides are right and there needs to be a middle ground compromise. Even as a new player, I don't think a total reset is what this server needs. There are many wonderful things that have been built and I don't think it should all be washed away. I see two options that I would hope make a good middle ground.

1. Reset the world and move current active towns and active peoples things to the new world so that we get the new things map wise that newer minecraft has to offer while still holding onto some of what made this server loved. This will be extremely taxing on the admins and I know that, but if we want the new content and a new seed while not losing a bunch of players I think it is needed. I also only think that active towns/player content should be moved.

2. Drastically cleaning the current worlds. By drastic I mean even towns that had a great history that are now abandoned. And the current active towns should be cleaned up somewhat to allow expansion for new additions to the towns so they don't feel more like a ghost town than an active community. This will encourage both old and new to work together to develop towns with a combination of old and new creating something wonderful.

Look I understand that a lot of people don't want to erase the stuff from the past, creations by people no longer here. This is the problem with that. The saying goes "How can you learn something new when your cup is already full." The same applies here. "How can you create new wonderful things and continue to mold the server into something better when your vision is filled with glory that has passed." I honestly think it's not fair to those that have put so much time into the server to take that all away, even if some are okay with it. For that I think the majority needs to be in agreement. Instead I think we need to mix the old with the new. Either way I know what a task it will be for you mod's and admins, but I honestly think the server does need this on some level. And I also agree on the point about survival being too easy. I think the spawn rate on mobs needs to be increased by a fair amount to give it that edge that survival needs. Sorry for the wall of text, just trying to contribute something that I feel will make the server a better place for all.

5. sharqman

When we upgraded to 1.0+ versions of MC all the biomes changed. regening causes a lot of lag and would take a really long time because if you do it too fast your java will run out of memoy.

if we do do this we can allow a 1-2 month, or more time span for people to move over their stuff. Towns can be moved over once the town mayor finds a suitable place. Players can have their houses moved for 5k per chunk (16 by 16 area, not actual chunk), but if their house is in a town they will have to pay nothing, it will be moved with the town, this encourages people to move into towns. People working on a town can have their builds moved if they have sufficient proof they are actually building a town.

Why was nobody this against the idea when we were about to upgrade to 1.8? I think enchants have given you guys too much items and spoiled you all :p

6. Cashkid32

Cashkid32 Member VIP

I think a full reset would be nice. New world, no rupies and mcmmo stats reset. Because really, one of the reasons I can't get back on entirely is because I can't stand knowing I'll never be successful in the economy and that I have such lower stats than all the other VIPs. (Only 500 power level. NOOB)

I guess most players would need to have their structures dragged over if they want to continue playing. But honestly, I wouldn't like that. Only the rich players would get their old stuff. It's not like I have anything I want to keep anyway.

And of course, an old map download would be needed.

7. PieSquared761

Again, we can transfer our old stuff over such as items, our houses, and rupies, I would be ok.

8. sharqman

players not rich enough to pay their builds into the new maps will have the joy of creating new houses. I myself would just make a new house if this were to happen.

9. PieSquared761

The price to transfer over builds should be significantly lower than 5000 rupies.

Mostly because a 100 x 100 plot requires 200,000 rupies to be transferred.

10. PieSquared761

I don't really care about my house, just my stuff. So if we change maps, we should be allowed to transfer chests over, maybe for 1000r each?

11. sharqman

12. Archenemy666

Archenemy666 Active Member VIP

lol plains biome: on screen snow and a big hill

13. Cashkid32

Cashkid32 Member VIP

See? Our current map is massively messed up.

I would enjoy a restart sooo much.

*Warning: Big post coming soon*

14. PieSquared761

the current map is fine.

15. Let's try to keep the thread to constructive criticism at this point. I think we are past the elementary school "Yes it is" "No it's not" point. If you feel strongly in one way or the other, please express the points that lead you to believe why it is that way. This is not about any one person though some may think it is. This is about the community and what's best for the server. So try to take in what others are saying and combining it with your own thoughts to try and come up with better solutions. Simple one liners will not contribute to this topic and will simply cloud the benefits that could be gained here.

Flagellum and sharqman like this.
  16. PieSquared761

Either way, I'm ok as long as we get to keep our rupies and items. No need for elaboration here I feel.

17. majestic_moose

Even still, there are some things I wouldn't like to lose in peaceful, and to recollect the materials and try to rebuild would be too much to ask for. Perhaps, if we want a new world, but don't really want to lose the current one, we could have a 2nd peaceful map, depending on what strain it'd give server

18. I do think if we do a full reset, that the current maps at the lease should be turned into museum maps. Take away the ability to build or destroy while keeping the ability for people to see the amazing things that have been built so shadecrest does still have it's history while still giving us an overall fresh start.

19. majestic_moose

Also, max, with VIP warps, would these be lost too, or reset to 0 warps used out of x warps. It seems to make sense that warps payed for in rupies would be reset, because rupies are reset, but the donations still stand :)

20. Dynodamon

Dynodamon Well-Known Member

Donation warps will still stand. You paid real money for that, so that isn't going away.

I like this idea all except for mcmmo. My fishing. :( Oh well. I enjoy doing it anyways ^_^.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.