Potion Bombing

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Manglor, Jun 11, 2012.

1. Manglor

Manglor Active Member

Please select what you think is the best option for 'Potion Bombing' rule

2. NMBr2d2

NMBr2d2 Well-Known Member VIP

Just clearing this up, potion bombing would be using ONLY potions, and THEN if alive, attacking? If so, my vote is for not allowed at all.

Nvm, there is an option that suits my needs! (the third one wasn't there when I posted :3

3. Manglor

Manglor Active Member

not sure I understand the question, there are 4 options 2 that allow potion bombing 2 that dont

4. dragonewt

dragonewt Member

It's nice to finally get this settled

5. Magetime

Magetime Active Member VIP

Allowing Brenthi Bombs? Seems Legit

6. PieSquared761

PieSquared761 Well-Known Member VIP

We should allow brenthi bombs because clearly, they are not a threat. Brenthi, to my knowledge was killed 4 times in 20 minute and has never killed anyone. Even I can kill him...

7. sharqman

sharqman Well-Known Member VIP

never killed anyone you say?
    http://www.shadecrest.com/forum/index.php?topic=4158.0

8. aussie202942

aussie202942 Member

i said with restrictions but I think certain potions shouldn't be bombed at ALL (Enchant If that is still there) and fire.

9. Manglor

Manglor Active Member

If the restrictions options passes we can modify the fist rushing rule to include no potion rushing (just an option since we already require players to use armor when raiding)

10. nrayf

nrayf Active Member VIP

+1

11. brenthi2009

brenthi2009 Member VIP

I beleive potions should be used in moderation or there will be alot of fights and stuff like max said if there is no pots allowed.

btw pie i was at half health and i think you were almost dead then you chucked a insta damage on me so i died. so yeah you cant talk pie.also wakerroech and hwyserbdy i have killed multiple times ask them and theyll tell you how many times ive killed a group of them.

12. penguinswin3

penguinswin3 Member

If potions are "cheap" then enchanting is "cheap".
    Potions are one of the best additions to combat in the entire game. On an old server, I killed the Enders dragon and got 87 levels. I enchanted a bow and got flame I, power V and punch III.
    I shot a guy wearing full diamond armor and full health in one shot. Potions do a max of 6 hearts (excluding poison which only brings you to half). They can be useful, but not too over powered.

13. ThisHomeBoy24

ThisHomeBoy24 Member VIP

The reason people are asking for potion to be restricted or removed is not because they are overpowered but the fact is that potions are very easy to make and can do a lot of damage to someone if used right, even someone in diamond armor. A player can get the resources to make a inventory's worth of potions with very little effort. Which mean that if that player goes into pvp with nothing but potions then they are risking very little while still having the chance of killing someone who does have something valuable. As for enchanted weapons, those take time, effort, and resources to make which mean that if you go into pvp with a enchanted weapon/armor or even tools and someone manages to kill you then you will be losing something valuable, as long as it is made of iron or better.

14. Wkdclwncar

Wkdclwncar Member VIP

I completely think this should be left alone. Potions are part of the game and the only arguement Ive seen against them is that it makes something that finally kills the full diamond Prot IV people. If someone with only iron armor and sword and a bow one shots you, we dont suggest getting rid of bows. Plus, if we start banning people for using potions they are gonna go play somewhere else. The population on this server has been tanking for months and we seriously wanna make it less fun and more strict, in a pvp world where there are already tons of rules and daily bannings? I don't know about you guys but I'd rather have a hundred people playing and having fun, then 20 people online and 2-5 people a day getting banned. Thats my 2 cents. I really hope this doesn't get through!!

15. penguinswin3

penguinswin3 Member

I agree. They are part of the game. Enchanting is also part of the game.

If you go into combat with only potions
    you're gonna have a bad time

I like how the comabt system works. please don't make it crap.

16. Griffsbrown

Griffsbrown New Member VIP

I was killed by someone twice who "potion bombs". It is completly unfair. There I was with diamond armor (prot 1) and he kills me in seconds. I could not even fight back. Its completly unfair. Don't disable potions, just make it illegal to ONLY use potions. whereing iron armor and a diamond sword makes no difference. They can still kill you in seconds no matter what. I think it is an extreamly bad idea to allow this.

17. SpaceCadetKevin

SpaceCadetKevin Well-Known Member VIP

I do not believe any restrictions should be placed on the use of potions in PVP. I agree with Max and Wkd that to do so would only lead to more problems. If some players want to kick and scream like toddlers when others blow them away with a volley of harmingIIs so be it. Reprimand said childish players if (or rather when) they get out of hand as per usual.

18. sharqman

sharqman Well-Known Member VIP

I voted option 2, if you're going to "potion bomb" at least give your opponent something of value to get if you die.

19. Dynodamon

Dynodamon Well-Known Member

Restrictions make the game a pain. No rules ftw!

20. penguinswin3

penguinswin3 Member

When I go pvping, I usually stay back and use a bow, potions, and worst-comes-to-worse I enderperal to them and co all serrated strikes on them. At that poin in usuany dead. You have to be good if you want to use potions. If you Only have potions, it will be tough. You need to use them stratigicly. When I bring potions to battle, only half of my hotbar has them.

Sword, pick, poison, harming, slowness, bow, bread, speed, health. Iron armor and lvl 1 enchants on all of the enchantables. If I die, I'm not too mad. If hey kill me, they get an OK reward.