Hello Shadecrest!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Contender327, Aug 10, 2012.

1. Contender327

Contender327 New Member VIP

Here is a little bit about me:

Name: Tony
    Lives: Akron Metropolitan Area, Ohio

Concerning Minecraft:
    I am a long time Minecraft player, but, relatively new to SMP. My friend (PhuzzYLogiK, also recently accepted to your server), and I were looking for a co-op PC game in which to invest our current abundance of free time. We tried Diablo 3, having been old Diablo and Diablo 2 players and, now previously, fans of Blizzard games. But, that resulted in only disappointment, so we came back to Minecraft SMP. I had rented a private server for a couple of months on which we both built, but only within the last week have we experimented with public servers and become familiar with the popular plugins and server software (Bukkit, Towny, iConomy, etc.). We have been searching for a stable and peaceful server to build on, and I think we found it here at Shadecrest. While we waited for our applications to be examined, we went straight to work. And now we have collected plenty of materials to start building. If anyone reading this is the mayor of a town and has two (preferably adjacent) plots, let PhuzzYLogiK or I know and we'll be there to settle them, right away.

Outside Minecraft:
    I have been a student, slowly working toward the acquisition of a Physics Degree. I am working at a local Target store for insurance and to pay (at least some of) the bills. I have worked in several different jobs over the years, most recently (before Target), a couple of years at a local Web Design and Development firm.

Beyond work and school, I'm very much a homebody. I spend most of my time online, but when not in front of a computer reading articles, messing with websites, or playing games, I read classic literature, philosophy, politics, science, mathematics, and economics (a lot of nonfiction). I also enjoy boardgames (European, primarily, [Agricola, Settlers of Catan, Carcassonne, etc.]). Additionally, I enjoy movies (who doesn't?). I spend/have spent, too much, time watching movies over the years. I am a fan of virtually all genres, but I enjoy dramas the most.

I'm sure I will add more to this at some point, but I figure this is an acceptable introduction, having not been a member of the server for even a day yet.

I'm looking forward to getting to know you Shadecrest! Cheers!

2. Thomasdd13

Thomasdd13 Active Member VIP

Welcome to the server!! It's always good when we get more mature people who know what there doing. Have a great time here with us!

3. sharqman

sharqman Well-Known Member VIP

Welcome :D Please read the wiki very thoroughly!

I'll take your offer on those 2 adjacent plots in a peaceful town :D